First Aid Training plus - Terms and Conditions
The following outlines our terms and conditions for booking a course, cancellation policy, certification, data protection and website usage.
We/us/our means First Aid Training plus - Administration Office: 21b Blencowe St, Carlisle, Cumbria CA2 5XU
You/your means the individual/company/organisation making and paying for the booking
Your course place/your group booking will be held for 7 days once a provisional booking has been made by telephone or email.
Your course place/your group booking is conﬁrmed when an invoice has been issued.
Certiﬁcates will not be issued until full payment is received and cleared and only to those candidates who have completed and passed the course.
All invoices are due within 30 days of the date shown on that invoice or on the day of the course, whichever is sooner.
Any charges incurred by us due to funds not clearing will be charged to you in addition to a £5.00 administration fee.
No VAT to pay on any course fees
In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled by us, we will look into transferring you to an alternative course being held with ourselves or another ITC network provider. If there is no suitable alternative available we will issue you with a full refund of any monies paid to us directly. We are not liable for any other losses or expenses incurred.
If the course has to be cancelled at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances, we will make contact with you via email or telephone via the contact details provided at the time of your booking.
In the event of cancellation by you or members of your group, the full course fee is payable.
For group bookings, where the course is cancelled with a minimum of 4 full weeks prior notice, no fee will be payable and any fee already paid will be refunded.
Where there is less than 4 weeks but more than 2 weeks prior notice, 50% of the fee will be payable/refundable.
Where there is less than 2 weeks notice 100% of the fee is payable and non refundable.
We hold professional liability and public liability insurance.
We cannot accept any liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to personal property while you are on a course, not caused by the negligence of our suppliers, our agents or employees.
6) Assessment & Certification
Assessment is ongoing and will be carried out by your course trainer/s.
Certificates are issued by ITC First Aid Ltd, HSE centre no 1670/96, of which First Aid Training plus is an approved course provider.
7) Monitoring & quality assurance
For quality assurance purposes we will monitor and record your performance throughout the course. This will include a syllabus check list and various assessment sheets. This information will be stored on file and will only be shared with ITC First Aid Ltd. No personal information will be disclosed.
8) Data Protection
Your contact information will be held on file for internal record keeping only. All personal information is held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is not shared with any third party.
We will only contact you in connection with your booking and to keep you informed of re-validation courses three months before your certificate expires. Should you not wish to be contacted about this please let us know.
We ask that you and/your course participants are aware of the following:
1. First Aid is a practical and interactive subject. Participants are normally expected to be physically able to kneel, twist and bend over simulated casualties, to sit on the floor, perform simulated CPR, roll, help roll and help lift simulated casualties.
2. For indoor sessions please wear loose comfortable clothing, no shorts or low cut tops. Avoid wearing lipstick, lip-gloss or lip balms as this hinders cleaning of the manikins.
3. Part of your course may well take place out of doors. You will be expected to provide and wear your own warm and waterproof clothing. If you are inadequately equipped we reserve the right to exclude you from the outdoor session for safety reasons which will result in failing the course.
4. Please bring any medical problems or issues that may affect your ability to complete a course to the attention of the trainer before the course starts. (e.g. recent injury, learning disability, dyslexia, etc.). We will make all reasonable adjustments to account for this during our courses. We will not exclude anyone from our training but reserve the right to ensure all reasonable adjustments are in place to meet our statutory obligations. If you do not disclose information about yourself or your group at the time of booking, we reserve the right to cancel a course or your booking.
5. You/your group members are responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of behaviour in a safe and reasonable manner. Unacceptable behaviour may lead to offenders being askedto leave and you will be required to pay for any damage caused by yourself to equipment or venue.
11) Website usage
By continuing to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with the following terms and conditions of use:
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
2. We do not provide any guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information and materials found or offered on this website.
3. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and that we are not liable for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
5. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than by our written permission.
6. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
7. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
8. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
9. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
10. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.